Links

"There are links on my blog, they are colored differently to the rest of the text & if you click on them they will bring you to the relevant site"

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Button Cards


So my crafty friend Ang who is part of the facebook group that I'm in set a challenge for a card swap this month & it was a brilliant challenge!
We had to use buttons as the main focus of the card so no using as embellishments.
Ang posted this link to give us some inspiration & I love the technique.
This is what I came up with.
Photobucket
I used my eCraft & MTC to cut out the circles & rings to make the giant button.
I tore paper to make the "hills" & used ProMarkers to colour the sky & add some birds. I stamped the sentiment which is a from a Hero Arts set in Distress ink & added some Glamour Dust to the tops of the hills!!
Photobucket

I made a second card for the challenge because I was out in my craft room making a card for an order & had a brain wave!
this is what I came up with
Photobucket
Photobucket
The buttons are handmade again!
I used my heat tool to melt the organza ribbon, it looks fantastic. I got the idea from here. This lady will be teaching at the GBCE which I will be going to on the 30th of September & I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Pam X

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute as a button! ;o)) I'm deffo gonna try this ;o)) watch my space ;o))

emilysnan said...

hiya , those cards are fab ,the hand made buttons are gorgeous and the organza ribbon "trick" is one i will be "stealing"..lol
tfs
xmaggiex